Saturday, August 6, 2011

Adventure in Couponing

With the examples of and help of Selena and Laura (Amber's friend), this is my attempt at Extreme Couponing. I will never be like the ladies on that TV show that paid only $5.00 for over $600 worth of stuff. I'm not sure if the ladies on TV included the costs of newspapers, ink and paper that they had to buy to get all of their coupons.
This is time consuming. Here are my attempts for a month:
First attempt: May 10, 2011
$42.94 cost me only $8.22
Second attempt:
May 20, 2011
$14.52 cost me only $5.43.
Obviously, this wasn't a big haul, but the sale on these items was ending the next day and I was anticipating the weekend's "new" sales.
Third attempt:
May 24, 2011
$150.57 cost me $55.78.
I told my girls to make their selection here, it will be their Christmas presents. Only friends took me up on it. I guess my girls don't want this for Christmas.
Fourth attempt:
May 28, 2011
$133.21 cost me $80.98.
There are very few coupons for fresh food items, but I think I did fairly well.
Fifth attempt:
June 3, 2011
$132.28 cost me $59.90
The diapers were for my dental hygenist, Lori. She presented me with a mission (to find diapers), I accepted the mission and succeeded.
Sixth attempt:
June 6, 2011
$117.43 cost me $58.06
This was my last "documented" trip that I posted over on Facebook. (I have deleted the posts from over there anyway.)
Seventh attempt:
June 10, 2011
$109.05 cost me $61.12.
With this water purchase, I can now proudly say I have reached the goal I set to obtain 52 cases of water for my storage. (One per week for a whole year)
Eighth attempt:
July 1, 2011
$101.32 cost me $48.41
This truly is my LAST documented attempt. Though I will still coupon - some - I will not be spending the time and effort needed to really rack up the savings.
I'm ready for another adventure.

No comments: